Thursday, March 1, 2012

Is Microsoft Office Worth the Money?

If you are a student at one of the top universities online MS Office is a popular software program that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Groove, OneNote, Publisher, and InfoPath. These programs are designed to improve office efficiency, but they can be expensive to buy even in a full set. Before you spend part of your income on Microsoft Office, you may want to figure out if it is going to benefit you or not. Here is a quick guide to help you justify your investment.

The Universality of Microsoft Office

The thing that most people like about MS Office is the fact that they can use it in multiple languages. Users don't have to worry about misspelling words just because they don't have the characters too say something. They can get their points across with ease. You can use the program in any country, as long as you have a computer that is compatible with it. If you have workers in a foreign country that you have to buy the program for, you can feel confident that they will be able to use it as well.

The Convenience of Microsoft Office

I write for a living online, so MS Word has literally become the portal for my income over the years. It is incredibly convenient on a variety of levels, but mainly because of AutoCorrect. I'm not the best typist in the world, no matter how much I try to be. Thus I make a lot of typos whenever I do my work. With AutoCorrect, I don't have to worry about the typos because the program fixes most of my issues for me. It also highlights the grammar and spelling problems that I may not catch when I write so that I can quickly make my writing as perfect as possible. From a writing standpoint, there is simply no better option on the computer.

The Demand of Microsoft Office

If you are a college student, you will inevitably come across a time when you have to use MS Office. Your professor may ask for an assignment in a Word document, or he may ask for you to make a PowerPoint presentation. Whatever the case may be, you will eventually have to use this silly software for something. Of course, you can go to the library to use it. That just seems like a waste of time to me though. Rather than going out of your way to use the software, why not just get a copy of your own? I guarantee that you will be able to use it for a long time in the future.

So, Is Microsoft Office Worth the Money?

In my opinion, absolutely. There are so many cool features in MS Office, from the graphics to the editors and everything in between. Whether you are a simple student or a working professional, there will come a time when you can use this software program in your life. There are so many different programs within this larger program, so you are at least getting a lot of options for your money. If you price everything out individually, you will see that the spending is well worth it in the end. Save some money for MS Office and try it for yourself. I guarantee you will love it from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment